Welcome to the OSCAR Celebration of Student Scholarship and Impact.
Save the Date: Spring 2021 Virtual Celebration is May 4-7, 2021
Deadlines for Spring 2021 Virtual Celebration:
- Video presentation registration must be completed by Tuesday, April 27th. Until this date, you can edit the registration to reflect changes to the video and/or other parts of the submission process.
A video presentation is taking a face-to-face sharing of your research findings (a poster, a short presentation, a three-minute thesis) and moving that to a set video presentation about your research. A video presentation can look different from student to student and from discipline to discipline. However, all video presentations should share what your project was and what you accomplished.
1- Required Materials
For submission of a video presentation to the Virtual Celebration, you will need to submit the following three items:
– Abstract (no more than 250 words)
– Text transcript of the video (required)
– A video (3 minutes is ideal but the goal is no more than 5 minutes; your professor or mentor may have other guidelines)
as a youtube video with a unlisted link. Closed captions are encouraged. For directions on how to do this see this guide
2- To Submit your video presentation
1) Please submit your project at https://webportalapp.com/sp/login_saml/gmu-celebration
a) Login with your Mason credentials.
b) Complete the form, providing your video link, transcript, and abstract
c) Select all the tags that apply (your college, your program)
d) If the project is part of a course, list the course
2) Follow the final link to submit your project as a Mason Impact Project
a) Submit your video link
b) Answer the few questions about your project
3- During the week of the celebration of student scholarship
- 1) Log in to the Celebration landing page and find your video presentation page
- 2) Check back frequently to answer questions and comments regarding your presentation
- 3) Visit and engage with other students’ presentations. Take a few moments to celebrate your peers’ hard work as they will do for you!
- 4) Share interesting presentations via social media using #PatriotVirtualScholars, making sure to tag @Mason_Impact
- 5) Be on the lookout for future links to vote for your favorite presentation, etc!